In this doc, we will cover how to setup a Connection to an Amazon Dynamo DB.
- AWS Credentials
- AWS access key id
- AWS secret access key
- Region Name
In Figure 2 above:
- Access Type: The type of connection: Read-Only, Write-Only, Read-Write.
- Connection Name (required): The name to identify this connection with, such as
- Region Name(required): The region name, such as
- Optional IAM Role ARN: Optional IAM role to assume.
- Number of Segments to Load in Parallel: number of segments to load in parallel.
- Milliseconds to wait between retrieving /writing a page of results: Milliseconds to wait between retrieving / writing a page of results to reduce usage of provisioned throughput.
- Choose Credentials (Required): Choose from existing credentials or create new credential for connecting to DynamoDB if 'Required Credentials' checkbox is selected.
In Figure 3 above, create new credentials if the Required Credentials checkbox was selected and you do not want to use an existing credential.
- Credential Name (required): The name to identify this credential with.
- Credential Type (required): Automatically selected to be
- AWS Access Key ID (required): The AWS Access Key associated with your AWS account.
- AWS Secret Access Key (required): The Secret Key associated with the above mentioned Access Key.
Check out our blog post to learn more about credentials in Ascend.
Use TEST CONNECTION button to check whether credentials are correctly configured and If ALL PASS, click CREATE.
Updated 7 months ago