Setting Up Your Dev Tier Account
Get started with the Ascend.io Dev Tier by connecting your preferred cloud data platform. Here, we'll walk through how to connect to Snowflake.
Don't have a Snowflake account?
If you don't have a Snowflake account, here's how to create a free trial account with signup.snowflake.com.
Signup for Ascend.io
- Go to ascend.io/signup.
- Enter your first and last name, email address, and the name of the company you work for.
- Choose your preferred authorization account.
Step 1: Select your preferred cloud data platform.
- Select either Snowflake, Databricks, or BigQuery. If your data platform is not available, select Don't see your data platform?.
Step 2: Connect to your data.
For Snowflake, locate and enter your Snowflake account name.
- Enter your username and password for your Snowflake account.
- Select Connect to Snowflake.
Step 3 : Configure your connection.
Once Snowflake is successfully connected, you'll be able to select a Role, Warehouse, and Database from the dropdown menus. Once your choices are made, select Configure.
Step 4: Build your first Data Service with Ascend.
- Create your first Project and Pipeline name.
- Select Start building to explore the Ascend platform with your own data or select View Tutorials to start with an Ascend tutorial and publicly available data.
Updated about 1 month ago