You can assign permissions to a group of users called a Team. However, if a user was previously assigned permissions individually, applying a Team permissions to that user does not override a user's individual permissions. For example, User 1 is on the Data Engineer Team with Data Admin permissions. User1 can also has *Super Admin for Dataflow A, even though the Data Engineer Team does not.
Create a Team first, assign permissions, then add users to the team. Ascend recommends you first create a Team and then assign permissions to the Team. Afterwards, you can add users to Teams based on the permission level you need the user to have. This is faster and easier to maintain than assigning permissions to individual users.
Maintain a team with "Read Only" permission for production Dataflows. This allows anyone who only needs read access to production Dataflows to be added to the "Read Only" team to prevent inadvertent changes to the Dataflow.
The default team in Ascend is Everyone. All users will be added to the Everyone team by default.
There are 3 steps to create a new team:
Go to the Teams tab on the top bar.
Click the ADD A NEW TEAM button.
Give your new team a name, add one or more users, and assign one of the available permissions. Click the ADD button when ready. In this example, we created a Data Engineers team.
- User Admin or Super Admin permissions.
- An email address for the new user
Ascend uses Azure AD, Google and Okta to authenticate users for login. Before a first-time login, all user accounts must be configured in either Azure AD, Google or Okta.
- To access the Data Service settings, select the Data Service from the site dashboard.
- Select Team Management from the left pane.
- Select Add a new Team.
- Assign the team a name and select the permission the team will have for the Data Service.
- Select CREATE.
- OPTIONAL: You can add multiple members to during the creation process.
- Follow Step 1 and Step 2 from above.
- Select the team you wish to remove a member from.
- Select REMOVE next to the user's name and email.
- To delete a team, select DELETE TEAM at the bottom of the member list. Deleting a team will remove the team permissions from a user for a data service but will not impact the user's individual permissions levels if assigned separately.
Updated 8 months ago