In this doc, we will cover how to setup a Connection to a Postgres database.
- Access credentials
- Database Name
If your Postgres server is in a private subnet or VPC and not accessible from the public internet, you will need to set up connectivity to it from Ascend. Your Ascend representative can help with this process and the common options are documented under Network Connectivity
Create new PostgreSQL connection
- Connection Name (required): The name to identify this connection with, such as
- Host (required): Hostname or IP address of the PostgreSQL server.
- Port (optional): Port number of the PostgreSQL server for the clients to connect.
- Database Name (required): The database name.
- Choose Credentials (required): Choose from existing credentials or create new credential for connecting to PostgreSQL server if 'Required Credentials' checkbox is selected. You can also choose to edit a credential with the EDIT button next to the existing credential.
- Credential Name (required): The name to identify this credential with, such as
- User (required): Postgres username to connect with.
- Password (required): Postgres password to connect with.
Use TEST CONNECTION button check if the connection is a SUCCESS and then click CREATE AND USE CONNECTION. (Figure 4)
Updated over 1 year ago