- Access credentials
- Database name
Create a New Vertica Connection
In Figure 2 above:
- Access Type (required): The type of connection: Read-Only, Write-Only, Read-Write.
- Connection Name (required): The name to identify this connection with, such as 'Vertica Connection'.
- Host (required): IP or the hostname of the Vertica Server.
- Port (optional): Host server port number.
- Database Name (required): Name of the database.
- Choose Credentials (required): Choose from existing credentials or create new credential for connecting to Vertica if 'Required Credentials' checkbox is selected.
In Figure 3 above, create new credentials if the Required Credentials checkbox was selected and you do not want to use an existing credential.
- Credential Name (required): The name to identify this credential with.
- User (required): Vertica data warehouse username to connect with.
- Password (required): Vertica data warehouse password to connect with.
In Figure 4 above, use TEST CONNECTION button to check whether credentials are correctly configured and If ALL PASS, click CREATE.
Updated over 1 year ago