In this doc, we will cover how to setup a Connection to Google Sheets.
- Google Sheets API Access credentials (JSON) Ref
The high level steps boil down to:
- Create a Google Cloud project with access to Google Sheets API.
Note that you may need to enable the Google Sheets API and Google Drive API in your project.
- Create 'Service account key' credentials in that project
- Download the JSON key type
- Share the Google Sheet with the email address in the JSON key downloaded
- Inert the contents of the JSON key file into the 'credentials' field
Create new Google Sheets connection
See Figure 1 above.
In Figure 2 above:
- Connection Name (required): The name to identify this connection with, such as *Sheets Read Connection
- Choose Credentials (required): Choose from existing credentials or create new credential (in JSON) for connecting to Google Sheets if 'Required Credentials' checkbox is selected.
Share the Spreadsheet with the Email in the Service Account
In order for Ascend to access private spreadsheets, the spreadsheet must be shared with the email address that was generated as part of the service account. The credential should have the email in it. In the case of the screenshot below, the email address is
In Figure 3 above, create new credentials if required Credentials checkbox was selected and you do not want to select from the already created ones.
In Figure 4 above, use TEST CONNECTION button to check whether Google Sheets credentials are correctly configured and If SUCCESS, click CREATE AND USE CONNECTION.
Updated about 1 year ago