By default, all PySpark transforms in Ascend run on our native containers. The containers' image builds upon the latest stable version of Spark and Scala, also bundles up a few useful packages:
- The Ascend SDK
- Ascend's connection definitions
- Ascend's utility functions to make developing easier (such as logging)
- Commonly used Python packages. (check out section "Pre-installed Python Packages" below)
There are two cases where you might want to change the default image used.
- Use a different version of Spark and/or Scala.
- Use your own image with additional Python packages or reusable functions.
For case #1, continue to "Using a Custom Image". For case #2, start with "Preparing a Custom Image".
Updated 7 months ago