Data Services are the highest level object in Ascend. Data Services are collections of Data Flows with a shared security model.
Data Services include the following:
- Dataflows: Dataflows are continuously running data pipelines. As you design Dataflows, you are creating a blueprint that is sent to the Ascend Dataflow Control Plane to be automated.
- Members: Individuals users can be added to a Data Service as Members, and granted a variety of permissions to that Data Service.
- Teams: Teams are collections of one or more Members. Permissions can also be assigned to Teams.
- Service Accounts: Service accounts are similar to Members, but designed for external systems to securely access Ascend.
- Data Feeds: Data Feeds are how you can connect multiple Dataflows, even across Data Services.
"Getting Started" Data Service
In your Ascend environment, you can find a "Getting Started" Data Service with a number of reference Dataflows for you to explore.
Updated about a year ago