A Data Service is the highest level organizational object in Ascend and represents a collection of Dataflows with a shared security model. Common patterns for a Data Service include creating 3 separate Data Services to maintain Development, Staging, and Production Dataflows.
A Data Service includes the following:
- Dataflows: Dataflows are continuously running data pipelines. As you design Dataflows, you are creating a blueprint that is sent to the Ascend Dataflow Control Plane to be automated.
- Members: Individuals users can be added to a Data Service as Members, and granted permissions to that Data Service.
- Teams: Teams are collections of one or more Members. Permissions can also be assigned to Teams.
- Credentials: Credentials can be set up specific for a Data Service or span multiple Data Services.
- Monitoring and Notifications: Ascend's webhook notification system is set at the Data Service level.
- Service Accounts: Service accounts are designed for external / automated systems to securely access Ascend without having to tie authentication a particular person.
- Data Feeds: Data Feeds create connection between multiple Dataflows, even if the Dataflows span across multiple Data Services.
"Getting Started" Data Service
In your Ascend environment, you can find a "Getting Started" Data Service with a number of reference Dataflows for you to explore.
Updated about a month ago