A Data Service is the highest level organizational object in Ascend and represents a collection of dataflows with a shared security model. Common patterns for a Data Service include creating 3 separate Data Services to maintain Development, Staging, and Production Dataflows.
A data service includes the following:
- Dataflows: Dataflows are continuously running data pipelines. As you design dataflows, you are creating a blueprint that is sent to the Ascend Dataflow Control Plane to be automated.
- Members: Members are individual users added to a specific data service and granted permissions to that data service.
- Teams: Teams are collections of one or more members. Permissions can also be assigned to teams.
- Connections: Connections can be applied to a single data service or span multiple data services.
- Credentials: Credentials can be applied to a single data service or span multiple data services.
- Monitoring and Notifications: Ascend's webhook notification system is set at the data service level.
- Service Accounts: Service accounts are designed for external and/or automated systems to securely access Ascend without having to tie authentication a particular person.
"Getting Started" Data Service
In your Ascend environment, you can find a "Getting Started" Data Service with a number of reference Dataflows for you to explore.
Updated 14 days ago