Ascend integrates with Looker through Ascend's JDBC connection. Looker directly link to Ascend Components. Each Ascend Component is mapped as a table in Looker.
Creating a Service Account with permission 'Read Only' allows access to read data from any component in that Data Service. The permission 'Data Feed Read Only' will limit access to read data from only the data feeds.
- In Looker, navigate to "Admin" and "Connections" to create a new Connection.
- Add a new Connection of type "Database Connection".
- Fill in the Connection Configuration.
- Test the connection to ensure validity.
- Add the connection.
- Start exploring, querying, and analyzing your Ascend data.
The table below maps all the required Looker Configuration parameters to Ascend's required setting.
Looker Property Name
Ascend Connection Value
Choose a desired name for the Connection
Apache Spark 2.0
Username / Password
The username and password generated from a Service Account's API Token
Persistent Derived Tables
Updated 6 months ago